Wednesday, February 1, 2012

30-Day Book Challenge: Day 13

Day 13 – My favorite writer

Image via SquidLit

Jodi Picoult! You might be surprised that I didn't say J.K. Rowling (considering two of my book challenges thus far - Day 2 and Day 3 - have been about Harry Potter), but though I love Rowling's characters and the magical world she created, I've never felt any particular attachment to the author herself. Jodi Picoult, on the other hand, absolutely fascinates me. But I guess if you've been a regular reader of my blog, you're already aware of my slight obsession. :) Her books cover a wide range of ethically charged dilemmas, from reproductive rights to assisted suicide and abuse to adultery. Her characters are always so incredibly well developed, and I've probably cried in at least half of her books. (I'm currently all up-to-date, having read all 18 of her novels, and I can't wait for Lone Wolf to be released at the end of this month!) I also follow Jodi on Twitter, and she seems like a pretty cool mom and person. So kudos to you, Jodi Picoult! You grabbed my attention when I read Plain Truth in 2004 and haven't let go since! Keep writing!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Wow I'm jealous that you are all caught up. I still have quite a few of her novels left. The latest one I read was Picture Perfect. So far I have read My Sisters Keeper, Sing You Home, The Pact, Lone Wolf, House Rules, Harvesting the Heart, Handle with Care, Between the Lines, Nineteen Minutes, and Picture Perfect. You can read more in my post on my blog. http://rachaelc94.blogspot.com/2013/02/jodi-picoult-how-i-got-started-reading.html