Saturday, February 18, 2012

30-Day Book Challenge: Day 30

Day 30 – My favorite book of all time

Image via Goodreads

Les Miserables. Full disclosure: I don't know if this is my favorite book, but it is definitely my favorite story. I haven't read the book since I was 12, so I hope to be able to revisit it soon with my increased wealth of knowledge and maturity level, but when I read it back in the 7th grade, I remember there being a lot of long, boring chapters about the student revolution. I would get to one of those chapters, realize it was about the war and not my beloved characters from the Broadway adaptation, and skip it. But as far as stories go, Victor Hugo wove quite the tale of personal struggles, romance and societal challenges. I own a paperback version and downloaded a free version on my Kindle, so I definitely need to reread it soon.

And to end the 30-Day Book Challenge (which has been loads of fun, btw!), I will leave you with my other favorite books of all time (not including children's books), many of which I've had the opportunity to tell you about earlier in this challenge (see links):
  1. The Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling
  2. The Pact, Jodi Picoult
  3. His Dark Materials series, Philip Pullman
  4. The Giver, Lois Lowry
  5. Picture Perfect, Jodi Picoult
  6. The Hunger Games series, Suzanne Collins
  7. Peony in Love, Lisa See
  8. The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger
  9. The Virgin of Small Plains, Nancy Pickard
  10. The Other Boleyn Girl, Philippa Gregory
  11. Perfect Match, Jodi Picoult
  12. The Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold
  13. The Uglies series, Scott Westerfeld
  14. Nineteen Minutes, Jodi Picoult
  15. Sing You Home, Jodi Picoult (I told you she was my favorite author. Haha.)
  16. Angels and Demons, Dan Brown
  17. Atlantis Found, Clive Cussler

No comments: