Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Munchies

I've been on a roll with trying new recipes lately, so I thought instead of posting every time I make something (because I'm sure you don't care that much), I'm starting a new series to recap my recipes of the week. And it has an alliterative title, too: "Monday Munchies." Pretty clever, right? Here goes....

I tried a new pasta last week for Valentine's Day, but you'll get a separate post on that later this week. Then I was out of town all weekend, so I only have one recipe to share with you this week, but man is it yummy! Today I made jambalaya in my crockpot.


I picked jambalaya because (1) it's delicious and (2) I'm running a little tight on my budget this month so I wanted to use up ingredients I already had. For the latter reason, I didn't really follow any recipe but made up my own as I went. I used this recipe as a guideline (found on Pinterest, of course), but my recipe ended up being as follows:

  • One 14-oz can of diced tomatoes
  • One cup (half a can) chicken broth
  • Two sausage links
  • Chicken (I'm not sure exactly how much - one Ziploc bag, I guess)
  • Half a bell pepper
  • Some garlic and rosemary (I didn't measure, just poured some in)
  • 1 cup brown rice

I mixed all the ingredients in the crockpot and cooked it on low for three hours, then added the rice toward the end and let it cook a little longer. Sorry for the lack of specification - I really just took it out when it looked good and I was hungry.


The final product! Yum yum.

1 comment:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I love anything that can be made in the crock!