Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Zoos and cute animals and such.

It's Wednesday, which means it's time for two link-ups: The Vintage Apple's "Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday!" and This Kind of Love's "What I'm Loving Wednesday."

google

First, a couple things I'm loving:
  • My little brother is in town for his spring break! It's been fun having someone to come home to and checking out some new restaurants around town.
  • After a few snowy days last week, it's warmed up considerably, so I can ride my bike to work again (following all these rules, of course)! It's also lovely to still have a couple hours of sun left when I got off work. (Thanks, Daylight Savings! I was mad at you on Sunday when you stole an hour of sleep, but now I like you a whole lot.)
  • I'm going to Vail, Colorado, this weekend for a staff retreat! I just hope I don't make myself look like a fool next to all the experienced skiers I'll be going with.
  • My $50 Visa gift card from winning Lovely Undergrad's internship attire contest came this week! (Thanks, Jessica!) See my winning entry here.

And now, on to the pins! Quick question: Am I the only person who feels bad about how much I love zoos? I mean, obviously I would prefer to see exotic animals in their natural habitats, but that is very time- and money-intensive. Instead, I get uber-giddy about visiting zoos, but then I always feel bad that the animals have been taken from their native lands. I try to console myself with the thought that endangered animals can breed in zoos and keep their species alive, but it doesn't help that much. The reason I've been pondering this is because my theme for this week is adorable animals! Enjoy.

Source: google.com via Megan on Pinterest

Source: tumblr.com via Megan on Pinterest

Source: nnm.ru via Megan on Pinterest


Source: flickr.com via Megan on Pinterest

Source: theberry.com via Megan on Pinterest

And finally, these puppies grew up together. Check out the photos taken five years apart. #adorbs


I actually did a similar post to this one way back in 2011, before I knew about Pinteresting Wednesdays, but I figure there's no such thing as too many cute animals, right? See my previous post (with more adorable photos!) here.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, cute pics of animals :)
But I also adore the picture with the book at the beginning and it's kind of fun, because I bought a similar card at a shop called Paperchase in Ã…rhus on saturday which is not excactly the same picture, but very similar :D And congrats with winning the internship prize ! :)

New Life said...

I too am heading to Colorado this weekend/week! HAve fun!

Sarah said...

I LOVE the Zoo too... Ive been trying to get my boyfriend to take me for the entire 2 years we have been together. I feel bad for the animals too they always look lonely, but I make myself feel better by telling myself they have a much better chance of survival in the Zoo and it helps a little. Thanks for sharing all the cute animals and making me smile.

Megan said...

Thank you! I've actually never been to Colorado before. Well—besides just driving through a corner of the state or visiting the airport, so I can't really count that. I'm excited!

Ashlyn | Let It Be Beautiful said...

i love the zoo too! love all these pictures -- makes me smile!

happy wednesday
xx :: ashlyn

let it be beautiful

Jessica Blimbaum said...

OH MY GOSH! Give me that little pug with the leaf! I have the puppy blues but I know it is better that I wait for my life to settle down first. P.S. I LOVE your blog title. I promise, no more caps lock ;)

Holly said...

Oh man, all those baby animals are so cute, especially the kittens! :O

Megan said...

Haha it's no problem. I tend to use all caps when I get excited, too. :)

Carenpants said...

Have you been to the St. Louis Zoo? It's free and we have a penguin house! We also have Grant's Farm, which is cool, but I have some bad memories of feeding the goats there and I always sit out on camp field trips with the kids who are afraid because I am too.

Megan said...

Yes, I went there with my family after the Illinois-Mizzou football game in St. Louis one year. I love that it's free! And so big! :) Sorry about your bad experience. :/ Haha.