Thursday, June 7, 2012

Blog awards = more fun facts.

A long, long time ago, two lovely bloggers granted me two blog awards on the same day. I looked up the award specifications and bookmarked them but never got around to actually blogging. Well, today I'm changing that! Sarah at Crazy Beautiful Life gave me the Versatile Blogger award, and Erika at The Linden Life gave me the Tell Me About Yourself award. Both of these awards ask for seven random facts about me, so I'm combining them into one post.


  1. I like to put chocolate chips in my popcorn. If you do it right out of the microwave, they melt into little gobs of chocolatey, buttery goodness. Yum! I also like to eat my popcorn with milk. Sometimes I drop the kernels on top of the milk and let them soak for a little while. I think I got this idea from a Little House on the Prairie book; the boy in Farmer Boy eats his popcorn with milk.
  2. You probably already know that I really like turtles, but you might not know I had a turtle named Heineken once. I only had him for about a day, and then he crawled under the house and never returned. I like to think he's still living under there, about the size of Godzilla by now and ready to bust up through the kitchen floor at any moment.
  3. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people are in the way. Usually, this means walking very slowly, walking two or three abreast on a busy sidewalk or standing in a doorway. Get out of my way. I can get very impatient when people impede my movement.
  4. I don't like condiments. I'm to the point where I can eat them if I forget to order something without sauce, but when possible I avoid ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, salad dressing, etc. The only exception to this is barbecue sauce, which I love. I also like egg salad, potato salad, deviled eggs and other foods with mayonnaise as an ingredient; I just don't like it as a spread.
  5. I pole vaulted in high school. In fact, my entire conference only had about six female pole vaulters, so I was even the conference champion. Yippee!
  6. Foursquare has dubbed me the mayor of the Santa Fe public library and claims I have been there 12 weeks in a row. Why yes, I do have a crush on the librarian.
  7. I can milk a cow by hand and with a machine.
    Did you enjoy these random facts? There's more where this came from in my "Happy birthday to me" post. Also, instead of nominating specific bloggers for these awards, I want to extend an open invitation to everyone reading this. Feel free to claim the Versatile Blogger or Tell Me About Yourself award (or both!) for your own blog and share seven fun facts about yourself. Please leave me a comment with a link to your post if you choose to join, so I can check it out.

    Also, I shared this picture on Twitter for #ThrowbackThursday today and thought I would include it here. It is also random and makes me smile. :)

    My boyfriend and me at track practice during our freshman year of high school. Check out those braces! Haha.

      1 comment:

      Carenpants said...

      You should try dropping junior mints in your popcorn as soon as it's finished. They melt into these perfect little clusters and it's the perfect combination of salty and sweet.
      Cute picture :)